Monday, August 24, 2009

- A daily dose of skin care

Hola!

Are you Ready to start learning? Well, I hope so...I've got some good stuff that I would like to share ;)

In speaking to friends and family members I have come to learn that most people don't know how to properly take care of their skin. Are you one of those that washes your face with the same Dove bar that you wash your body with?? Please don't admit it to me, but that is a definite skin care faux pas. Are you wondering why you have a dull complexion, and blaming it on genetics? Please, I'm begging of you to listen to me! I promise I can help you. Before you know it You too will have the glowing, youthful, dewy complexion that you long for.

Here's what Everyone needs a daily dose of:


  1. Proper cleanser: (according to your skin type) Normal, Oily, Dry, Combination, Acne
  2. Exfoliation: (one of my personal faves is Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant )
  3. Toner: (my fave)Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner
  4. Moisturizer: (yes, even if you have oily skin) I absolutely love this! Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 makes my skin appear to be glowing literally, while protecting my skin from the very bad sun rays.

Now, please don't look at the list and think it's too much work to add to your daily routine. You can do it! I'm positive.
  • All it takes is a pump or two of cleanser into the palm of your hands...massage into your skin for at least 60 seconds.
  • Exfoliation can be done everyday depending on the type of exfoliator you use, It depends on your skin type. If you have very sensitive skin, once a week will work wonders for you.
  • Now Toner is as easy as spritzing on your favorite perfume. As long as your toner is in a spray bottle that is. Just spritz all over face at arms length, and voila! You're ready to go! Toner is very important because it brings your skins pH level back to normal
  • Now moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I cannot say it enough. I have heard so often that because your skin is oily you cannot moisturize. Now that is a myth. In fact, did you know your skin will produce MORE sebum/oil if it is lacking moisture? Bet you didn't know that one. Besides, there are great products out there.
I will be posting fantastic products that will work wonders for you. Products that you can get straight from the isle at your local drugstore! Check back soon, for more info. I truly hope that you find this information to be helpful. I would love to hear your comments, and feedback.
Thank you....till tomorrow!

No comments: