Tuesday, August 25, 2009

- Let's talk products

So yesterday I promised to post more products....


  • Here's something for you oily prone skin types: a great moisturizer that you can grab from the local drug store! Biore Shine Control Moisturizer!! I have to say, I've used this product during the summer months. It gave my skin just enough moisture that it needed without making me look really shiny and oily.
  • May I suggest for the sensitive skin types, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, this cleanser doesn't have the harsh detergents that many of the other cleansers may have. Also, if you are OK with spending a little more money Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser for Face and Eyes, this product is so gentle I would feel comfortable enough using on the skin of a baby! I recommend this product for sunburned, hypersensitive, and inflamed skin.
  • Dry skin, can be tricky....the question one must ask themselves is: Do I have dry skin, or is my skin dehydrated? Did you know there was a difference? If your skin is dry your pores should be very small and hard to see, you may only have dry skin in patches not across your whole face. If your skin is dehydrated, your pores may or may not be large, and when you run your finger up the side of your cheek, your skin will appear slightly flaky...that's dehydrated....meaning, start drinking water. I will discuss later the importance of water and diet with proper skin care maintenance.
  • Normal skin types, you lucky ducks!! Normal means that you aren't oily, dry, sensitive, and no Acne. To keep your skin normal cleanse, tone, and moisturize everyday.


I'm not only a beauty product junkie....I am also in love with makeup products! Here is a peek into my makeup bag: Top 5 products, I use on a daily basis.




  1. First and foremost my all time favorite foundation is PurePressed Base SPF 20 by Jane Iredale. This mineral foundation covers your skin with just enough color to give your skin a smooth, matte clear compexion. And get this, it's completely natural along with an added plus of SPF 20! You are not only covering up, you are protecting your precious skin from the cancerous UV rays of the sun.
  2. Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Lash Mascara This will give you the appearance of false eyelashes!!!
  3. LORAC Double Feature !! A great concealer. The stick has a built in blender ball, along with a highlighter to lighten under eyes.
  4. Benefit Cosmetics Moon Beam (I like to add a little right down the center of my nose, on my forehead and chin for a dewy complexion)
  5. Revlon cream blush in Rosy Glow


Favorite websites:

SpaLook: Official Site
Sephora.com Official Site

DermStore.com - Skin Care

More on Acne to come......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can relate to your love for Jane Iredale... it's the best :)